21 de enero de 2011

WHERE I AM FROM, POEMA



I am from videogames and Ipods,
from tv’s and computers,
I am from the ivory house that everyone thinks is nice,
from the green grass and orchids,
I am from the mango trees and orange trees,
The Oak tree whose long gone limbs I remember,
As if they were my own.

I’m from café con leche and pastelitos in the morning,
from Ozzie and Ana,
I’m from going to North Carolina for Christmas,
and from having breakfast for dinner.

I’m from the three-headed dog that ate my parents,
and the “a,b,c’s”,
I’m from Thanksgiving meals together,
I’m from Miami, Florida and Spain and Cuba,
Pan con lechón and frijoles,
From my great-aunt was in a hijacked plane that crashed in the ocean and was one of 6 survivors,
and family photos,
in my closet,
and in my heart.

César Alberto González Pardiño, 13 años

Dotado de una precoz fibra poética, César Alberto es nieto de nuestros colaboradores Martha y Alberto Pardiño. Su orgullosa abuela dice de él:

"Como abuela orgullosa, quiero compartir este poema de mi nieto de 13 años, que escribió para su clase de Reading del colegio Belén. Todos nuestros nietos hablan español, lo leen y lo escriben y sus comidas favoritas son arroz con frijoles negros, lechón, picadillo, pastelitos y café con leche, sin contar con el batido de mamey..."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario